GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-86096

1. 1,058 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    I think from the production point of view that is true. If you invest in gold miners you will understand how much effort, time and money it takes to bring new mines online. In 2001 gold was around $270 per ounce. Very few miners would survive these days if gold was below US$1,000. We are scraping the barrel already. New discoveries are much smaller, grades are lower, mining costs much higher, approvals much harder and governments want a bigger slice of the pie too.

Lucky for us there has been some technological advances and given this and the recent price increases some deposits that were not financially viable are becoming viable now.

I can see you are very negative on the metals and I agree that some people simply have to high expectations and want to get rich quick and are dreamers. You still haven't answered my question of where do you think one should allocate their funds right now?

This is only in my opinion, not offered or to be taken as financial advice. Not recommendation. Do your own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.