GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold is an interesting metal. It has little to no industrial...

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Gold is an interesting metal. It has little to no industrial value. It is valuable only because everyone agrees it is valuable.

As with the Aztecs, who could not understand the Spanish lust for the metal, gold is merely a n easily malleable metal great for ornaments, and gleams the colour of the sun. Its main use is jewellery.

Take silver for instance, it is of great industrial value. It is a better electrical conductor than copper, and is used in the manufacture of Solar Cells. Silver is also a great conductor of heat. It also makes terrific ornaments. SILVER IN INDUSTRY - The Silver Institute

Now. Gold is touted as insurance against currency collapse. Let me ask you a question. Would you take gold from someone you had never met in exchange for your goods? I know I wouldn't The net is full of stories of people who bought gold on ebay or wherever, and got dudded. So you have a commodity, which no one, except the most naive, would take off you. It costs you money to store, and the dealers charge you 10% commission to buy or sell..

What actual use is gold? It's value is hypothetical at most. Take that expensive piece of gold jewellery that you lovingly bought your lady, to another Jeweler, and see what he will pay you for it. I hate to tear the fork out of your nightie, but is worth less than half of that which you paid for it. I ask again. What use/value is Gold.

These questions have always stopped me buying gold. But DYOR. This is just my honest opinion.

Regards....Marum.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.