GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

My comments were more broadly about inflation but I'll try to...

1. 112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    My comments were more broadly about inflation but I'll try to answer your two questions as best I can. Rather, I'll make a couple of observations, for what they're worth.

1. Irrespective of IR or QE, the market could crash, correct or slide for a reason or apparently no reason (we're privy to)
    2. QE til infinity is now integral to the government's business model
    3. Official inflation figures do not, in my view, represent real inflation
    4. When there's darling stocks with forward PE in the two thousands, anything's possible
    5. Basel 3 could rock the boat but I'm still researching that
    6. When listed companies make no money yet have billion dollar valuations, anything's possible
    7. There's an enormous amount of lobbying going on to up the super limit to 12%. That 26.3% increase in income has to go somewhere.
    8. The general economy seems to be relying on housing so if that gets rocky, look out.

Back to your questions. There are too many participants in a complex financial ecosystem to possibly give you a straight answer, much as I'd like to. There's so much funny money floating around, and it has to go somewhere, so if there's QE til infinity, good times are likely to roll on. For the moment.

Now I definitely need a drink

Shopboy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.