GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I 'm not referring to stacking USD. I'm referring to your...

1. 6,134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 443
    I 'm not referring to stacking USD. I'm referring to your commentary about US treasuries, which are denominated in USD. Simply by owning USD Treasuries, one has to take on the currency risk.

Regarding property ownership, I have no beef with you there. Its been a great run. However, the same issue of currency risk still applies. I'm sure you will say that there is no risk because you own in AUS and spend AUD, but that's not what this thread is about. It's about gold, and its place as an asset. Some call it money, but I prefer to call it a hedge against money. Its primary uses (contrary to the naysayers narrative of having none) are to hedge currency risk, electronics and making pretty things. Houses are for living in and generating income, stocks are for capital growth (or loss!) and income. Bonds used to be about income as well, but ask any recent retiree about that! As far as capital growth is concerned, bonds have underperformed ALL asset classes including gold over the last 40 years, simply because of currency risk.
    Last edited by sergeant: 02/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.