GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-96426

1. 1,650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2407
    Probably increase corporate debt but like any financial transaction, you look at cost/benefit and return on investment (ROI).
    The main reason the US and Australia offshored so much manufacturing was cost of labour.
    This key metric is still an issue so to circumvent the issue companies will automate if they want to bring manufacturing back.
    There are a couple of ASX stocks worth looking at, BRN and AXE and an ETF called ROBO.
    I have some quite disparaging views about Australia and the workplace, unions, managers, useless pieces of paper, nanny state, risk aversion, politicians, etc, etc, etc.
    As a country we don't value-add, understand how to support innovation and invention, etc.
    It begins with education which in many ways is redundant and almost luddite. It is incapable of accommodating and exploiting the huge range of potential in our kids and take advantage of the technology on offer.
    I suspect Australia will bring back very little and just continue to offshore practically everything including raw materials. Will probably continue to import all our tech, even when it is invented here.
    I know far too many people who are happy to have a job but not happy going to work.

I apologise for the rant but have come to the conclusion that if I want to achieve some of the things in my list I have to make shit loads of money and then they can try and stop me from delivering.
    Does not matter if it is automated because it is new jobs and even automation requires human delivery and support.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.