GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-96460

1. 636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    So much for "if someone steadfastly buys and holds for decades or even years, they are sure to lose a lot of their money".

"Warren Buffett holds for years. He's not poor, is he?"

It seems impossible to get through to you. Either that or you twist and fudge everything to suit your agenda. I believe it to be the latter.

This is a GOLD thread
    So naturally I was referring to gold being something that if held for the long term would result in a loss and Buffett would not hold gold because of it's monumental PM bear markets. It can be done in the stock market (mainly because it is manipulated up) but it cant be done in PM markets.
    Yes, you twist and fudge everything to suit your agenda. It should have been obvious what I was talking about.

As for your real estate investments. People have made money in it when the timing was right.
    It's a different era now.
    I'll try to keep this simple: You can still make something but if you sell to buy something similar in a similar area, that house has also gone up in value.

If you bought and rented a factory and made a profit, that has nothing to do with your belief that gold and silver can not be bought and sold
    if the timing is right.

"Maybe you should preach to the goldbugs here with their tiny 'stacks', because that's what they do...hold for years."

I find that hard to believe. Maybe they hold a small percentage of what they have invested but I don't believe you have much in the way of integrity so I'm very wary of what you say.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.