GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Great post PF, as usual.Whilst I don't think of myself as a...

1. 11,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5956
    Great post PF, as usual.
    Whilst I don't think of myself as a conspiracy theorist, I cannot help but wonder at the timing of Powells change of heart regarding rates.... just before the Basel III changes kick in.. I mean, the CBs are made up of private banks, so... if the rules are changing, why not have one last major offensive before things get 'boring'?

I very much agree with you about negative real rates being a key theme for perhaps at least the next decade (really, just how long the FED can walk on the tightrope of balancing bonds versus reality).

In simplistic terms, I think inflation is here to stay, with the caveat being, that its going to fluctuate, between fast and slow. No deflation, or at least, no persistent deflation. The system would simply break if that occurred. Though I have a feeling the financial community might try and call it deflation.
    Prices are not going backwards.... but they won't go up in a straight line.

If I may ask, are you seeing more stocks break trend in a particular section of the gold sector? i.e. Producers, developers, explorers, microcaps?

Finally, I was pondering how I felt from July/August 2020 to Feb 2021, which, was for me, absolutely brutal, as POG simply slowly retraced, lower, week on week. Death by a thousand cuts. The big recent fall, whilst frustrating to watch, as barely made me blink, though perhaps because i have seen similar occurrences before, I am getting a little less impressed with what the 'Powers that be' can pull off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.