GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Ha, you don't have all the answers... oh boy, lets just say that...

1. 11,570 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5894
    Ha, you don't have all the answers... oh boy, lets just say that I am a few more steps behind you rolleyes.png
    Glad I could give you a few pearlers.

Without doubt, the 'narrative' being pushed by Powell and his lackeys this week was different to the recent play book, but... then, when changing a few words makes the global markets wobble, just shows how over-leveraged the markets are. Would it be fair to say that market fluctuations will likely become more and more pronounced as we enter uncharted territory valuation wise (for the general markets etc), as I was only on the periphery during the dot come boom?

Very much appreciate the charts. As you say, last week was basically, carnage for T/A (at least, that is what I have gathered from the many T/A chartists I follow on Twitter). I was able to take approx 10% of my portfolio off the table (from producers only & DEG) about a month ago (unsurprisingly, I find it harder to sell than buy!) and have been putting in, what I thought were very low buy prices, but, they have all been hit what.png
    I will do the same again this week, even though I fully realise there is potentially more downside, as always. Basically, not getting shaken off this bronco!

Final question, one in particular that has been nagging me to no end:
    The US has Debt to GDP problem, which could basically be 'solved', by simply revaluing the POG to say 15k tomorrow. Yet it is not being done. I know other countries may also have large gold holdings (aka China), and there would be repercussions, but... compared to what is likely to come, it seems like an indubitably easier and painless option than basically this never ending parody of CBs... 'guiding' the world through what is one day going to be more about the financial crisis, instead of the pandemic (a little speculation on my part).

I do also take your point about refining a portfolio when large falls occur. Easier to cull the weak performers.

Should be an interesting few weeks ahead!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.