GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Evening PF.I do enjoy reading your thoughts, because unlike...

1. 11,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5953
    Evening PF.
    I do enjoy reading your thoughts, because unlike Twitter, you mainly just get snippets, which, whilst insightful, rarely flesh out the full thought process behind the ideas and conclusions.

Your point about stability, is perhaps what makes the most sense about a possible gold price revaluation higher. Stability is key, the status quo is key (or whatever version is most palatable in Washington). As you say, whilst a higher POG will solve many problems, an instance higher price, would perhaps cause all sorts of market gyrations that may balloon uncontrollably (currency issues, debt issues etc).

Demographics in the West are definitely a slow burning issue, particularly in the U.S, which I believe, is basically the most underfunded of all West, partially because Europe so heavily taxes its citizens (sort of a closed eco system, so to speak).

I also strongly agree, that many of the issues to come, cannot be truly tackled until the U.S has cleaned house, and right now, there is zero political will... and likely won't be until we have a true crisis (whatever that might be, as so far a global pandemic seems to have barely budged the dial).

Tier 1 asset = gold. Agree, it has to be part of an eventual... reset (I am sure there are better words for it).
    Though as you rightly point out, price discovery is not global, so there are continuous miss allocations of capital, due to... capital being miss priced.

I was chewing the fat with a friend regarding the end game, for Bitcoin (though to be upfront, I am not in any way a bitcoin enthusiast, though I can see it usefulness). If... the world was to suddenly, use Bitcoin as a global currency, then.... I actually struggle to even comprehend the ramifications of such an outcome. The 200 sovereign countries of the world currently operate with floating currencies (well.. most do), the free movement of capital, for better or worse (not saying there are not huge issues with it), have led to a world where investment is constantly moving....

Even typing the paragraph above is extremely taxing, because I keep trying to comprehend how to further discuss it, without it turning into a paper or essay, that I simply don't have the nous post.

I guess to keep it short, blockchain technology has a clear place in my mind, for creating a more stable sound currency, yet how nation states globally will agree on one, just... makes me think of Bretton woods, the sheer immensity of what would be required to 'force' countries to seed that level of sovereignty is breathtaking, but.... I imagine, that it will require it, to actually occur.... and as an avid reader of history, well, it will have to be historic, and rarely are truly historic events, peaceful.

On that somber note, I look forward to more light banter on the gold threads. rolleyes.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.