GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"There is a continuing deterioration in the overall picture."...

1. 41,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    "There is a continuing deterioration in the overall picture."
    -----------------
    Agreed

"The Fed moving away from tightening - of both interest rates & their balance sheet clean-up - signals we are not ever going back to normalising. A decade on from the GFC, this is a major step. The global debt pile and fragility of the economy simply will not allow it. "
    ----------------------
    Agreed Feds moving away from tightening. Agreed not normalising, but maybe the current situation is the new normal?

Disagree on the debt pile problem unless one is following the classical economic school of thought. Suspect it is a battle of 3 school of thought and through evolution, hotly debated in science and most likely in Economics as well, theories and practices are going through an upheaval cycle where the old could probably be discarded by the new (evolve or hybrid).

In addition this "un-normalising" as we popularly referred to as Money Printing didn't crash the market besides adjustment through volatility whether it be the Greek, Cyprus or Brexit crisis right into normalising (QT) taper tantrums and now back to un-normalising or money easing. Add Tariff War and we see volatility 2nd year running but I would not be in a position to be calling meltdown since there were so many premature triggers for a decade!

I am leaning towards recessionary cycle as good for equities with the search and prized valuation for yield continues to find herding money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.