GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Poor response Sydney, an awful lot of hot air.You said "a range...

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Poor response Sydney, an awful lot of hot air.

You said "a range of central banks holding all the bonds" You are wrong to post that. Either you are slack with your language, using emotive language to support your bias, or you have got not idea".

You also said "non performing loans are through the roof compared to previous" another exaggerated statement that I can only assume is borne out of bias - your head telling it is is, therefore it is so!

My credentials would put yours into the shadows, of that I have no doubt!

You and others are in for a rude awakening if you think gold is the answer to your perception of global stresses. Any unbiased observer with an ounce of rationality could see that putting a ball and chain around productivity will create havoc. Gold has no role to play other than a sideshow. History has shown that over the most recent crises (GFC) and it will continue in that way.

I think the relatively lukewarm response in the gold price to all the negative press that is circulating this year is 'food for thought'. Given its supposedly new found status one could easily have expected a doubling in price if not more but no - a good return this year but nothing spectacular.

I can't see gold losing anyone nominal money over time but the real return will be modest (marginally above inflation over the long run). Forget those fanciful $10k prices. What those that conveniently ignore to explain is for any price to appreciate there needs to be buyers willing to pay a price greater than the last buyer. Price doesn't just appear out of thin air!

Not one commentator that I have read explains lucidly what mechanism will come into play to project prices of gold when at the same time they predict a collapsing monetary system as the catalyst. Banks closing, factories closing, anarchy on the streets... ohhh I know it would be a great idea to salvage what I can of my dwindling fiat and put that into gold while the family are starving!

Is there any wonder goldbugs are ridiculed.

And I do think gold will increase in value over the course of time but only just above inflation - I'm not anti-gold. I'm anti the world is going to collapse into a debt riddled heap.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.