GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Why shouldn't I be? If you hold gold exposure of any type and...

1. 41,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    Why shouldn't I be?

If you hold gold exposure of any type and you have unrealised gains, that is a good start. Who cares what any counter opinion makes here. If like myself, you want to keep learning on the gold dynamics/fundamentals and any influences ST - LT, contrary views are important.

If I want to just make confirmation bias I would spend all my time listening to Schiff/Rickards and all those perceived to me massaging my one eyed view of the world economic condition/model.

Some thing to look back and at least analyse objectively. The last gold run in 2011 to $1900 was in hind sight unsustainable. Why? The whole decade of speculation about US debt did not crash the equity market NOR did tapering/QT. Granted after many multiples of IR rise did test the breaking point, it was also the addition of Trump tariff that may have some effect on the economy.

These are great debating points. Speculating about debt pile implosion or clever Chinese/Russian CB is just that. Plenty of corporate Chinese gold interest buying up junk here burning their opportunities, ditto Iron ore projects.

My view is simple, bond yield collapse is actually great for the concept of no yield gold holding, very little opportunity cost. Simples....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.