GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Crab, That is a disturbing post. It demonstrates the worst of...

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Crab,

That is a disturbing post. It demonstrates the worst of Australia, an underbelly of racial discrimination.

1. China cannot force its products on anyone. Your post suggests Australia is superior in some way, capable of producing better quality. Is China capable of producing quality? Of course it is, it would be absurd to think differently. There would be a valid counter-argument that would go along the lines of China producers what its customers want. Australian public clearly wants China's products produced at a cost that is acceptable to the public. If the public demanded longer-lasting products, reliable and that do the job then we have to pay that price. ANd, no doubt China could produce that quality and specification.

2. I agree that I would like to see stronger domestic manufacturing. Unfortunately it cannot happen within a global marketplace due to disconnects in the cost of labour and materials. Our economy cannot support much higher prices for domestic production of vehicles, electronics, white goods, furniture etc.. There is a fine balance between pay, producing for a profit and the ability of people to buy at inflated prices to enable the higher pay to keep buying at relatively higher prices.

3. Self-centered thinking 'want a trade war because of gold' is irrational. A few dollars more on spot gold is no compensation for shortages in the shops and factories, unemployment and closures across states. A healthy economy is what you should wish for, if gold is in demand within a healthy economy then great - however you and most on HC seem to equate gold price with a financial meltdown.

4. How can you guarantee anything about China/US motives. I disagree with your emotive 'guess'. It is a global economy we live in, the US and China and most other nations would like to trade with other countries, I posit. To trade, other countries need to have the capacity to buy, while US/China must look after their own backyard it doesn't mean they wouldn't care about promoting interests in other countries where mutually beneficial.

So China doesn't produce crap. It produces products other countries wish to buy at a specific price point. If other countries are happy to pay more China is capable of producing to the level of quality demanded.

You should be interested in amicable trade deals between nations. It is self-defeating to wish for tension between nations, believing that will add a few dollars to gold prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.