GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"There is no denying society places a value on education, it is...

1. 3,273 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 957
    "There is no denying society places a value on education, it is self evident through recruiting practices and entrepreneurial flair - nothing to do with god almighty".

And I think that is why society seems to be floundering in a lot of areas. In respect to "recruiting practices"... they mostly recruit the wrong people because those doing the recruiting focus (mistakenly, IMO) on those who have the highest academic qualifications - rather than those who can best demonstrate they can complete the task to the highest degree - regardless of educational qualification or attendance.

I firmly disagree with your (apparent) assertion that those with "entrepreneurial flair" are linked to higher academic qualification. If you take a glance around the world's top achievers (in anything), you will most likely find the majority of successful entrepreneurs, sports people and business leaders are those who either have never been to a University or who have prematurely dropped out of education altogether!

Higher education only proves one has the ability to think in a systematic fashion, using logic. On the other hand, "worldly" success and achievement mostly comes from those who not only have the ability to think laterally and randomly (ie - outside the academic box) but also the ability to use their brain in whatever manner necessary - in order to prosper & conquer.

From my 60 odd years of observation, "academia" seems to breed traits & attitudes like "condescension", "patronisation", "eliteness" and "I know best" etc. but, sadly, this hardly ever translates into material and/or worldly success. The opposite is generally the case with successful entrepreneurs, sports people and business leaders - especially those who may be viewed as "uneducated".

... meanwhile, gold marches on!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.