GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-84897

1. 1,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 401
    Thanks Artvandelay01, I sent a note to admin about a new forum idea - "short selling opportunities". They seemed to like the idea (reply below) but it might mean that we lose the foresight/forwarning of people like Skol so I am still mulling the idea. Regarding your gold mining juniors, they can offer great opportunities, however, I heard that many hedge funds are sizing up junior miners for short selling since they actually are not profitable and in a gold correction would fall the most. Unless the gold price moves north today, I will close my long (effectively shorting) and wait for a retrace to the support line. Long gold in CNY probably still is the trade of the century over the next few years. BTC has significant risk still though plenty of upside potential. I don't see any relationship between BTC, Gold, USD - chart below.

Madmin commented:

Hi,
    To test the waters here, can I ask you to set up a thread on ASX General, XJO, or in Short Term Trading called "Short Selling Oppotunities August 2020" and start a new one each month to see what sort of response you get?
    If it is very well received we could add short selling as a specific topic, or ask management for a new forum, but we need to monitor the success of the topic first, as short sellers aren't usually the most popular posters in a sea of blinkered shareholders
    I like the idea though, and please let me know how it's progressing.
    Regards
    Madmin

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2435/2435000-d3e83a6d4e1563e357c92b9f7453b723.jpg

Last edited by nailsnglue: Quote got trunked off 02/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.