GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold, page-1771

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Hi @Forged
    Yes, this is exactly what I wrote in Post 17700725
    "bad news is good news. Less (no) chance of rate hikes...good for stocks (as a rule)". I call this Alice in Wonderland logic, but it doesn't matter what I think, only how the market reacts.
    And indeed stocks finished comfortably up (not "comfortably numb") as I suggested to @Ophir last night. I posted 12 charts of US Stock indexes (indices?) a few minutes ago.
    Indeed, I see a bullish engulfing candle, subject to confirmation Monday, on S&P500 (image below)
    We saw this thru most of 2015 - every report was interpreted exclusively thru the lens of what the Fed would do, until the market became preoccupied with oil prices, and as they went, so did stocks.
    But preoccupation with the Fed has returned with a vengeance recently , back into the spotlight, and oil has receded (for now).
    " Every scenario is good for stock market," - it seems that way

S&P 500 - DAILY. For the week, a drop of 8 points.
    On an upwards to 2,250-2,300 - and then, a 2-sigma event (2 standard deviations) and breakdown. But not until at least after the Nov. Elections (barring an event like a negative China GDP print...or....a bullet...).
    Just my 2 cents (also that of Jeremy Grantham (the "G" in GMO)).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.