LGL 3.45% $1.40 lynch group holdings limited

Well let's see Ves. I have posted the table on LGL pre...

1. 1,104 Posts.
    Well let's see Ves. I have posted the table on LGL pre announcement and give them a few days we will compare.

Huntley's
    Last Analyst Update: 12 December, 2007
    Strong Buy 3
    Moderate Buy 4
    Hold 5
    Moderate Sell 2
    Strong Sell 0
    ProspectFcst 0

December 13, 2007
    PAPUA New Guinea gold miner Lihir Gold issued its second production warning in six weeks today, downgrading its 2007 output forecast by 7 per cent to 700,000 ounces.

The company (ASX: LGL: quote) blamed the cut primarily on unplanned maintenance shutdowns of the main crusher and milling restrictions.

Shares in Lihir Gold fell as much as 4.4 per cent to $3.73. By late afternoon, the stock was 4.1 per cent lower at $3.74 in a broader market down 0.33 per cent.

“This has necessitated the requirement to blend softer material through the secondary crushing system to maintain feed to the autoclaves,” Lihir said. “This material has had a significantly lower gold grade.”

The miner also said its new oxygen plant had a compressor failure and was unlikely to be working before the next year.

Still, Lihir said despite the “temporary setbacks” it was on track for record 2007 production.

This would be “followed by another record in 2008, due to a full-year's operation of the flotation circuit expansion at Lihir, and the commencement of production at the company's Ballarat operation” in the second half of the year, the company said.

“The improved operational performance, together with the expansion projects being planned, and the elimination of all hedging earlier this year, will position LGL for a strong improvement in operating cashflows in 2008 and beyond,” said Lihir chief executive Arthur Hood.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.