MGX 1.67% 29.5¢ mount gibson iron limited

Between MGX with its approx $450 Million and GRR with its approx...

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Between MGX with its approx $450 Million and GRR with its approx $150 Million.  With both companies being majority chinese owned.  Both companies in the iron ore game.  Both companies well undervalued.  Why dont they put their cash together and work out an arrangement with Southdown project which is owned by GRR.  It has been sitting mothballed for the last few years but with some cash it could be up and running.  Production of 10 million tonnes of magnetite concentrate should bring in at least $1 billion in revenue with decent margin in AUD terms.  Maybe MGX can take over from SRT 30% share or involve SRT as a 3 way partnership and GRR sells 30% to MGX.

Still holding GRR but I had sold all my MGX holdings purchased from 20ish and sold at 30+.  I actually thought I did the wrong thing selling, thinking 40c+ but now looks ok given price is below 28c.  I have always viewed both companies in good stead as they are both good cash makers, have nominal debt and usually deliver on their commitments.  Its just crap that they seem to always be held down well below reasonable value.  I assume the price is kept low on the basis the majority holders want it that way.  Both companies also have substantially more cash than market cap value and could do a buy back quite easily to support a stronger share price but they dont.  I even wonder on both of them, what is the point of being listed if the intention is not to get better value for shareholders.

Info on the project from GRR website is below.
    About the Project

The Southdown Magnetite deposit is located approximately 90 kilometres northeast of Albany on the South coast of Western Australia. The deposit is known to extend a distance of approximately 12 kilometres in length, largely on freehold agricultural land.
    The Southdown Joint Venture (SDJV) is a joint venture between Grange Resources, an Australian publicly listed company (70%) and SRT Australia Pty Ltd (30%), a Japanese trading house. The Joint Venture proposes to mine and export 10 million tonnes of premium magnetite concentrate annually. The product will be exported from the Port of Albany for processing into pellets for international markets. The Definitive Feasibility Study completed in June 2012 confirmed a mine life of 14 years within the current permitted area, with the total mineral resource providing potential for a mine life in excess of 30 years.
    The deposit will be mined using open cut methods. Ore will be crushed and concentrated, with concentrate being transported as a slurry via a buried pipe to the Port. This method of transportation has been utilised at Grange Resources' Savage River mine in Tasmania for more than 45 years. It is a safe and economical method of transport. Transporting the concentrate as a slurry avoids the need for haulage trucks going to the Port, through or around the city of Albany.
    Last edited by trippa99: 13/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $362.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.3¢ 30.3¢ 29.5¢ $156.7K 523.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 168651 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 16883 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.