APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

1. What do you mean the RBA is "artificially" controlling the...

1. 5,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    1. What do you mean the RBA is "artificially" controlling the interest rates? It's called monetary policy and the sole purpose of the RBA is to use interest rates in an attempt to keep inflation at optimal economic levels of 2-2.5%.
    So not sure what you mean by artificial.

2. The hybrid securities that you are referring to are converting preference shares (Tier 1 capital) that APRA can force the bank to convert into equity (Common Equity Tier 1 capital).
    Why is this the case? To protect depositors at the expense of institutional investors. So the complete opposite of what you are saying.

In addition APRA has substantially increased the amount of capital banks need to hold across all three capital ratios, CET1, Tier 1 and Tier 2, most recently with another 50 basis point increase as part of "unquestionably strong" (effective 1 January 2020).
    To protect customers in the event of a crisis so banks have capital to absorb any losses.

Full disclosure: I work in a bank in a role related to capital ratios.

I'm not sure where you get your information from but if its YouTube or reddit I'd recommend not using this information to base any investment decisions on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.