LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

GOLDMAN SACHS, page-13

1. 7,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    Goofy I have jumped on you in the past. I totally agree with you on this one. Couple of additional points.
    The article does not say a thing about REE there is no justification for "We could well see a re-run of 2010 for rare earth prices if China stops all rare earth exports in retaliation to US imposed tariffs"
    Trump will leave REE alone. just a few Americans, MCP, have been effected by this. It is just not worth his trouble. He will stick to steel, automotive, Electronics that has had an impact on many Americans.
    The Chinese saw how the 2010 caused many REE companies to start up. They then had to reduce prices to protect their monopoly. Two of the big 3 have fallen MCP and GWM. The last thing they want to do is breath life into the competition again. Lynas does not need this either. It will cause a surge in prices and then another crash. Many people on this board keep saying trade war between US and China. I personally think it will be small. Both countries have a lot to lose. Public comments will be severe. Backroom negotiations will find a solution. I see nothing to be gained by either country bringing in minor, total $ revenue, products. The announcement today of FoxComm / Sharp to open a $7B display plant in US shows that people are moving to a peaceful solution. Will it happen? who knows! but it does indicate they want to at least appear to be compromising with Trump.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.