Golf throws up many problems. My current one goes like...

1. 1,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    Golf throws up many problems. My current one goes like this:

Playing with group of mates in the Sat comp. Mate slices drive into bushes near the out of bounds. Plays a provisional. We all search but his ball cant be found . He declares it lost and wanders off to play his provisional. Meanwhile I come across a elderly couple out walking their dog along the boundary collecting lost balls – which they sell. They show me their plastic bag with 5 balls (some good – some not) and I buy them for $2.

At the next tee I look through the balls and discover my mates ball. He wants it back. I tell him his ball was lost (he said it was and if it wasn’t hes been playing the wrong ball) but because hes a mate Ill let him have it back at wholesale (40c). He threatens to charge me with receiving stolen property. A Mexican standoff has ensured for weeks.

Every now again I pull it out of my bag – and threaten to use it on a hole where it might be lost – but rather than upset him this seems to provoke him into better play. Im way down in our side-bets – the whole thing has backfired. My only plan at the moment is to secretly put it his bag and then claim he stole it. Difficult decisions ahead.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.