golf- us masters, page-9

1. 1,905 Posts.
    You're probably correct re Tiger's not needing any additional motivation but I'm sure he would love to deny Phil EVER being number 1.

I was surprised when I read it yesterday too but Phil was very close to being #1 prior to the Bay Hill event and Majors hold a much higher points value than regular events so I guess it's true.

Fang, Shark will make the cut and finish within 10 shots. Well, I hope he does but I certainly will not be putting any coin on it. One more chance to break my heart...

Tiger is second or third last group out on Thursday so I will wait until the others hit off to see conditions before backing him. He is already out to $3.70 on Betfair due to the late tee time. I do like players who have Afternoon tee times Thursday they usually fill approx 7 out of the top 10 spots after 2 rounds if the weather is similar for all. This is only because the players who play in the afternoon on the second round have 3 sets of footprints around the hole instead of only 2. This not only makes the surface a little bumpier but also harder and faster around the hole. It's marginal but history will show that players who have an afternoon Thursday then a morning Friday tee time usually score better.

And if you are betting on a first round leader look no further than the morning tee times because 9 times out of 10 the leader is in the morning groups on Thursday.

So it's Tiger to Win with Watney each way for mine.

Great highlights being shown on Fox 3 and One HD during the evenings right now. Tiger and DiMarco in 2005 was on last night. Tiger was 4 behind after about 44 holes then made 7 birdies in a row. I think after that year the course hasn't been as fun due to the extra length and rough. Almost boring these days but lets hope we see a few low scores on Sunday to livin things up. Shark shoots 65 to beat Tiger by 1 shot... That would be Gold.

Cheers

Pete

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.