You're probably correct re Tiger's not needing any additional...

1. 1,905 Posts.
    You're probably correct re Tiger's not needing any additional motivation but I'm sure he would love to deny Phil EVER being number 1.

I was surprised when I read it yesterday too but Phil was very close to being #1 prior to the Bay Hill event and Majors hold a much higher points value than regular events so I guess it's true.

Fang, Shark will make the cut and finish within 10 shots. Well, I hope he does but I certainly will not be putting any coin on it. One more chance to break my heart...

Tiger is second or third last group out on Thursday so I will wait until the others hit off to see conditions before backing him. He is already out to $3.70 on Betfair due to the late tee time. I do like players who have Afternoon tee times Thursday they usually fill approx 7 out of the top 10 spots after 2 rounds if the weather is similar for all. This is only because the players who play in the afternoon on the second round have 3 sets of footprints around the hole instead of only 2. This not only makes the surface a little bumpier but also harder and faster around the hole. It's marginal but history will show that players who have an afternoon Thursday then a morning Friday tee time usually score better.

And if you are betting on a first round leader look no further than the morning tee times because 9 times out of 10 the leader is in the morning groups on Thursday.

So it's Tiger to Win with Watney each way for mine.

Great highlights being shown on Fox 3 and One HD during the evenings right now. Tiger and DiMarco in 2005 was on last night. Tiger was 4 behind after about 44 holes then made 7 birdies in a row. I think after that year the course hasn't been as fun due to the extra length and rough. Almost boring these days but lets hope we see a few low scores on Sunday to livin things up. Shark shoots 65 to beat Tiger by 1 shot... That would be Gold.

Cheers

Pete

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.