golf us open chambers bay.., page-96

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I liked the course and the quirky differences to a legit links made interesting. I liked the elevations but as a golfer I've always liked elevations and hidden holes . I really liked the 12th in that it was drivable and like a bowl, but if you missed u found trouble.

However, I am not a fan of seeing a ball pitch and stop within 10 feel of the hole but roles off the green and then another 20 yards.

The course with its length obviously favoured long hitters as the leaderboard looked not too dissimilar to a US masters leaderboard with Johnson, oosthuzin, Day, Scott, grace all being renown for hitting the ball quite long. Spieth just has all parts of his game covered to suit any course but he does love augusta coz the greens allow him to use his imagination so it was no surprise to see him win here.

In saying that, the par 5's were reachable and the fairways were wide. And players often got punished more severly for missing the greens on approach.

I liked it. It was a nice change watching balls run up to the hole and for players to use a bit of immagination both on approaches and on the greens.

I would like to see it added to the pga tour or used regularly but the greens need to be fixed for the players sake.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.