SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

GOMSpace Financial Report

1. 917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 294
    Some of you may find this interesting....

I was looking at the GOMSpace Financial Report (Q2 2017) and noticed a reference to SAS in their report...

In "Message from the CEO" section
    General Quote, not necessarily directly linked to SAS....
    "We are in the fortunate situation that we have secured a much higher order backlog than expected. This happened at the beginning of the year and therefore we have had to increase our spending for building up our organization with many more employees earlier on than originally planned. "

And quote related directly to SAS...
    "During the summer, GomSpace has commissioned the 3Diamond precursor satellites for Sky and Space Global’s big constellation of satellites that we are building at the moment. The demonstration satellites work successfully and have been “In orbit commissioned” by GomSpace. This is the first time we have launched 3 satellites with inter satellite link. This is a major achievement in the industry segment and for GomSpace."

The section of the statement above "that we are building at the moment" tells me that, with or without funding, GOMSpace are building the constellation of satellites for SAS right now.

This doesn't tell me how many satellites are being built for SAS, however it does make me feel comfortable that funding for this order has already been secured, even if an announcement hasn't been released to market. I don't think that GOMSpace would agree on building the constellation (or part of) for SAS without the funding question being answered.

Now that is just my opinion - what do others think?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.