MBL macquarie bank limited

gone in 10yrs

1. 5,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    I think that mbl is hight exposed to the sub prime more than they let on, I guess when the market really finds out how bad it is then Mbl might have to do a fire sale of its infrastructure assets to cover the losses.

Several companies like Mbl have gone bankrupt in the U.S. these companies think because they are dealing with other peoples money that they are imune to collapse, they do not factor in risk like they would if it was their own money.

Remember that directors still get paid even if you are loosing money.

I have heard some stupid comments about infrastruct assets etc within the last couple of months. MBL think that they are ammune to a recession because ppl need infrastructure, that is absolutely wrong.

If we hit a recession tomorrow I will cancel my mobile and home phone, cut off the internet, sell a car, cancell holidays, reduce power consuption, cancell insurance, minimise hospital cover, ride a bike.

The airlines would suffer first, oil prices would retreat to all time lows, telco would scream as their share price collapsed, good night to manny internet providers and even coles and woolworths would suffer as eveyone would only buy necessities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.