PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

gone, page-48

1. 1,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    KoolKat

The suspension is just a formality. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't panic.

Management said from the outset that it was currently preparing a report and that the process would take about a week. Therefore the technical three day trading halt of the stock was always going to lead to a full suspension (unless management came back to the market earlier).

As MarkieMills points out this is probably a management industrial relations ploy to pressure the unions. The unions have picked up substantial wage increases over the past few years to the point where costs and platinum prices have left no margin for operators - thereby putting their workers out of a job.

Something needs to give.

PLA have been focused on reducing costs at the mine - i.e. moving to owner operator, however with the platinum prices falling away a review is required.

One must also remember that when the mine project came on line (just after the GFC) that platinum prices were below what they are now.

So I think the decision will be 50:50, with lots of options/possibilities.

Certainly not the end of the game. But the pressure is on management to deliver.

Gus

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.