BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

good angle on lawsuit

1. 211 Posts.
    Biota,

which is based in Australia, filed a lawsuit there against Glaxo last year, saying it did not adequately try to market Relenza. After the drug's first year on sale, "essentially all promotion was stopped," Mr. Molloy said.
    Biota is seeking about $300 million in royalties it says it would have earned if Glaxo had done an adequate job. (Biota has now teamed up with Sankyo to move Sankyo's version of Relenza forward under a $5.6 million grant from the National Institutes of Health in the United States.) Glaxo denies Biota's accusations in the case, which is headed toward arbitration later this year.

"We lost a lot of money, quite frankly, promoting it, and the demand wasn't there," said David Stout, Glaxo's president for pharmaceutical operations.

I especially like that last quote, since I thought that the drug industry was always supposed to be stampeding people into buying stuff that they didn't need. Maybe Glaxo could hire Marcia Angell as a consultant to show them how it's done. Just thinking out loud here. . .ah, what a match it would be. . .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.