MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

find8, I don't eat cake but I thought I'd answer part of your...

1. 272 Posts.
    find8, I don't eat cake but I thought I'd answer part of your question on depth of the known dyke at Morning Star. I understand that WMC did several holes beneath previous workings and each intersected dyke and quartz reef. I know there was workings down to Level 24 of that mine. There is an inclined shaft from the 19th Level down to 24th. I know there was a gold intersection at the equivalent of Level 32. (Consider each level was roughly 100ft apart in the old days). Now the headframe at Morning Star would be at least 100 metres below the top of the dyke. They mined that hill in the past. We know the shaft starts at what's called RL1720 area. So the top of the hill would have to be in the area of RL1850. Confused? I believe the Morning Star Dyke is at least 1100 metres deep. I think gold was produced at a depth in the dyke of at least 920m. It's open at depth certainly. And down the road, Goldstar claim a depth in Tubal Cain of 1km too. Geos will tell you the gold rose up so the dykes very likely go much deeper.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.