SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Good Blub, page-5

1. 2,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3112
    This is probably a stupid question, but wouldn't this group of real estate agents, be better off setting up their own independent organisation, complete with a competitive web site to market all their properties?

One of the web sites I manage, has 5 dedicated servers, and costs less than $2000 per month, serving 90 million monthly pageviews. I can tell you now, that $100 million advertising spend would go a hell of a long way.

Maybe $2m tops to develop and host a new site capable of serving the kind of traffic that realestate.com.au do, and (using Mickey Mouse numbers) you have $98 million left over to market the new site in whatever ways you saw fit. That would buy you a shedload of exposure! They wouldn't need to use a tenth of that money.

Would RE and Domain be able to hold advertisers to ransom, telling them they'll be blacklisted if they used such a service? Of course not.

The barriers to entry are fairly low, I'm surprised there aren't more sites out there, specifically set up for the RE industry.

In terms of Home Open, I'd really like to see a fully functioning web site in the next few months, loaded with properties. I don't see people flocking to an APP (for a while at least), as the mindset is still very much one of finding a property to buy via web sites.

If they make the web site feature rich and a lot more user friendly than the other 2, backing it up seemlessly with the APP, and continue to do good work on the Marketing side, I can't see how this can fail.

DYOR, I could have it all backwards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.