LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

good bye and good riddance to the asx. , page-19

1. 3,690 Posts.
    Hi Molores. I don't want to labour a point but the huge percentage of shorts is not in fact a huge percentage of shorts.

It appears that way, but if you look at the data it is not the case when compared to many other ASX200 companies. I am not saying that the stock has not been manipulated as we have all seen the smashing of the stock price for a race to the bottom but it doesn't require shorting to do that.

Shorting shouldn't matter that much if they are bought back in the lit market. But the trouble occurs when they are covered in a dark pool but that again causes problems in understanding what is happening because someone in the dark pool must be willing to sell a lot of shares at the low price.

The other problem with looking at the amount of shorting is that we don't know how much volume is just churning which would hide the shorts to a large degree.

Here are some pretty random charts of shorting percentage and price movement. LNC you can see is very vulnerable when compared to many other companies and the question you would have to ask is why. The shorting in itself, although painful, is not the main problem. That is just a Smoke and Mirrors justification to move to Singapore. There really has to be another reason which is not that apparent to me.

I think it is more the case that the CEO with all good intentions is burning both ends of the candle racing around the world, hopping from one country to the next, almost on a weekly basis when he should be back at good ship Queensland battening down the hatches, making good decisions to make it through the self created storm. Maybe there is a problem with delegation.

I don't think many of us would have the stamina for what he has been doing. Probably some pretty bad decisions have been made just from exhaustion and not thinking clearly. Also the reporting has been pretty awful and again that is probably due to his travelling as well as wanting to hide bad news.

There are also his gambles with his purchases and thus the stock quite reasonably has become a gamble and is treated as such. A company with high risk assets which is very tardy with information makes itself vulnerable.

These are the things that make the company vulnerable not the percentage of shorts. Changing stock exchanges probably won't help unless the whole company changes to remedy its shortcomings.

Another problem I see is that much of the price movement is sector driven with LNC being closely aligned to the Alternative Coalers. Is there a sector for Alternative Coalers in Singapore? Maybe being without a sector is a good thing but maybe not? I don't know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.