CNX 0.00% 7.4¢ carbon energy limited

I can't help myself today I'm in a ranting mood!I should...

1. 980 Posts.
    I can't help myself today I'm in a ranting mood!

I should elaborat on this statement:

"Well they're way too consumed with sacking people at this stage to have any time to worry about companies who have invested in the State of Queensland."

I know for fact, that almost 100% of current staff withing all Queensland Goverment Departments are all living & working in fear of whether their's will be the next job or department to be given the axe.

So far around 7,000 people have been given the sack and apparently he still wants a further 15,000 people to go, who know's maybe more, you may even be one of them or like me know someone who has already been given the boot.

I'm not employed by the government but I do know many that are, some that have told me some stories that indicate a certain number should have been sacked years ago, more importantly never even employed.

I will say there are many departments that still need these numbers and in cases like these the dead wood should be replaced with others that have been properly screened, interviewed, ready and willing to do the work.

This should applie to lower paid workers as much as very highly paid exectutives, because much of the time they're as much to blame as the others.

I would have to say if they employed properly in the first instance, then they more than likely wouldn't have to be sacking anyone.

Back to the subject of living and working in fear, do you really think this creates productive home or working environment, personally I know many in this boat and I know it doesn't, most of the hard workers have a conscience and this conscience is a major reason why they're normally good emloyees but many of these can't help thinking about being next on Campbell's hit list. What do you think this does for morale within their working and family life.

On top of all this state wide unions end up getting involved and more than likely stop work meeting & strikes occur, at what cost to the state of Queensland?

We'll all know budgets have to be kepted in check but unlike the worker who is earning a specific amount each week or fortnight, and that is all they have to spend and if they want something special then they have to sacrafice something else to have it.

The Queensland Government could be in a slightly different position, an enviable and fortunate position to be able hugely increase it's income though investment should they start to realise this, not just trying to save money by quickly slashing peoples jobs without too much careful consideration of whether these people deserve to be sacked. I believe this approach will have a short term gain and on the other hand will be a very short term fix (If it's a fix at all) but will come with some inevitable future and unforeseen costs to everyone.

Maybe something better that could done with the current people employed in Queensland Government departments is put into place more accountability and performance assessment that are not touchy feely, that seem to be present but one's that actually work and give a manager the ability to sack someone. Somone who just never learns or does their job properly or without constantly making trouble or blatantly telling their manager to get lost and running off to their union because their manager has asked them to do a job they've been employed to do but seem to refuse to do it (The trouble makers)

On the flip side a worker should be able to go to someone and say hay my manager is hardly ever here or never shows up for work on time or never puts in a full working week, or is harrassing the workers etc... these sorts of things do occur and their should be avenues to deal with all of these aspects without any retribution by either party. The way I know it always goes, is no one ever gets the sack, you only get a talking to and get another chance after another, lets just say you can have more lives than 20 cats if you work for the government but this doesn't mean that everyone that works for the governement are trouble makers or bludgers.
    I know many intelligent, resourceful and hardworking people that work for the government and these people and their families are very worried about Campbells quota.

Bottom line if they are bludgers and or incessant trouble makers, then there ought to be true measures put in place to get rid of them, so someone that is willing to do the right thing can be employed. But to go on the rampage with a quota for a short term buget fix is ludicrous and not the most well thought out plan in my opinion.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.