NTU 9.52% 1.9¢ northern minerals limited

Anson Chan interview/ABC/11/10/16. [abb] Anson Chan was the...

1. 518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Anson Chan interview/ABC/11/10/16. [abb]

Anson Chan was the first woman appointed to the role of Chief Secretary
    of HK back when the city was under British rule. She was seen as a symbol
    of stability when China kept her on as HK's top civil servant,after taking
    control almost 20 years ago.

But since her retirement in 2001 Ms Chan's relationship with the mainland
    has soured. She's accused Biejing of encroachment on the rights of HK's
    people and she's been a defender of the 'One Country,Two Systems' concept,
    which would see HK remain autonomous.

China has labeled Anson Chan a trouble maker and a 'traitor' for expressing
    those views in America. She says China's influence in HK should be a warning
    to Australia and to the region in general.

Anson Chan stressed that.." I want to draw Australia's attention to what extent
    China is honoring its 'promises' to the people of HK. What we have seen in the
    run up to the 20th Anniversary of HK's handover to China is a steady erosion
    of -one country two systems- a steady erosion of our lifestyle and core values
    and the number of pillars of civil society that we can look at that demonstrate
    this".

"I'm not here to give false evidence. I am simple reflecting what is happening in
    HK in the hope that our treatment at the hands of China will give -'Australia-'
    some indication of how it should or ought to be dealing with China."

"There is every indication that China desires to rewrite the basic law,to claw back
    our rights and freedoms and we see this reflected in many events and incidences."

"As for the appropriateness of Chinese enterprises 'donating' to Australian politicians,
    there is concern that you deal with a China where the line between State ownership
    and private ownership is a -Very Blurred and Movable Line- " remember you are
    dealing with a country that does not share Australia's core values. So these must be
    a concern in terms of looking at Australia's own security interests,moral interests,
    and moral concerns.

On top of that we have Rick Rule's ...'scam-ium-fraud-ium- contributing to the
    story-ium, lending further weight to the Chinese 'drip feeding' and rear guard
    action we have seen so far. And in the departing words of Anson Chan addressing
    the Nation Press Club..." I don't think any country dealing with China should be
    under any illusion as to the objectives of the communist party leadership."

Finally...

The best way to to predict a bright future is to create it and one would hope GB
    relates to that simple rule.

Hm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.