SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

good day for sdl, page-171

1. 6,817 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1719
    Hi Shares - I don't think they are paying too much, I think it is a reasonable price and a hell of a lot better then no suitor and 18 cent SP with no obvious plan B. I think that 45 reflects a premium that is acceptable to me and our "investor group" for the risk/reward.
    I too hope we will end up North of 45, I really do, We have a lot riding on it. I think the only chance for that is a counterbidder. We really need competition from another party. The deal negotiation has gone through too much for further price renegotiation. I don't think that will happen.

Re the vote, my 15 years of experience tells me that it will be a no contest with the Yes vote blitzing it. Investors large and small have pretty much had enough and as we get closer, it will strengthen. While I think the hedge funds will dominate the number of shares held votes totally, I think that the general investor will also vote to move on.

Personally, I do not know one investor (and I know a few) who would not take 45 when we have an SP of 35.5 and a prospect of years of 18 or worse, delisting.

There re always a few who want to fight on - sometimes that is noble, gutsy and smart. Sometimes it is not. IMO this is a case of being pragmatic. I don't feel bad about what I am possibly missing out on upside but I do want to miss out on a SP collapse.

Good luck to all - every investing and trading book tells us not to fall in love with a stock. They say that for a good reason.

Like Baukaw - I do not really care about missing out on a dreamy SP greater than 45. I am grateful to get 45 and will be happily sharing a drink with my investor friends celebrating how we climbed back from oblivion after the plane tragedy through the courage and fortitude of George and have got to where we are.

The market speaks - we either listen and act, or we pay the price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.