I think in general and philosophically, the idea of the people's...

1. 82,557 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I think in general and philosophically, the idea of the people's bank in the past was good.

In France there still is a bank which is considered the people's bank -------- and it does operate differently to the others and seems to be good for the people

I really can't see a problem with it

the most likely biggest problem for Australia is that it has a different philosophy to some other places - even if in other places the practice is changing - the philosophy is vastly different

where I am - government is in business for the people - for the benefit of the people

In Oz, government is in business for the benefit of business

we need to understand that we, the people invented governments to work for US, and work for US they should.

We should be able to and should depend on government to do things FOR us - it is precisely why we invented the whole concept of government

I often see some people say that people should look after themselves more and not rely on government

IMO - that thinking is very wrong --------- for many things - we invented government for things like education, health services, social housing, water, power etc etc - and we pay taxes for governments to provide those services -

we SHOULD responsibly use those services and we should EXPECT to get quality service -

and we should understand one thing --------- that the country or nation IS THE BIGGEST USER OF these services - because the country needs it's people - housed, fed, healthy and educated -

so the country must pay and provide -------- funded by taxes, debt, growth etc etc.

and IMO - a people's bank --------------- good idea. Look after your people - NOT profit.

and government should SERVE us - that's exactly what they are there for.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.