How do you know they don't pay tax? I am an Australian citizen...

1. 46,109 Posts.
    How do you know they don't pay tax?

I am an Australian citizen born in Australia to fourth generation parents.
    I have worked and paid tax in Australia until a few years ago I decided to move overseas for work opportunities and to shift assets and money to different jurisdictions.
    I still own some assets in Australia and pay my tax obligations as and when they are due in Australia.

People are mobile. Capital is mobile. But we all must have citizenship of one country or another.
    Those with dual citizenship I agree have a foot in both camps but it takes a long time for a permanent resident to obtain citizenship.

There are many many people already in Australia that don't pay tax, who don't work, who take out more than they put in etc. etc.

Are you saying they should be denied access to medical and other government services as well?

We're talking about Australian citizens and permanent residents. No one else is able to come in here at the moment. Who knows what their future contributions to our country may or may not be?

Imo a lot of immigrants to this country put in more, and appreciate this country more, than the people who are already here, some of whom have a sense of entitlement, laziness and aren't prepared to do the shit jobs that immigrants are.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.