PLS 0.93% $3.26 pilbara minerals limited

I’m very interested to see what margins are for lithium battery...

1. 758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 674
    I’m very interested to see what margins are for lithium battery manufacturers. Does anybody here know ?
    ie.
    - what are the fixed costs /unit ? ie. Will economies of scale have a big impact on unit cost. ?
    - what percentage of battery production cost is attributed
    to lithium ?
    - are battery prices going down with the drop in lithium pricing
    over the past 18 months+ , or are the battery manufacturers
    making a fortune from market manipulation?
    There is a lot of talk about in future battery prices coming down and lithium prices going up. I am just trying to get it clear in my head if this is actually ‘likely’ . In the medium term I imagine chemical processors and battery manufactures trying to recover capital costs ASAP by both screwing miners (where possible) and keeping battery prices high .
    If miners can work together ( unlike AJM) to restrict supply, and enforce a reasonable carbonate price we surely have a lot of leverage to build pricing.
    The way I see it the more money the ‘down-streamers ‘ like chem processors, battery makers and car makers invest in their
    core business the more leverage we have to lift pricing, as they will become more and more dependent on supply. The more they invest more bigger the risks for them.

I am surprised that car manufacturers like VW haven’t gone in and bought supply at mining level (like purchase PLS lock stock and barrel)... in fact take over the complete battery supply chain. If I was going to invest as much as them in re-tooling for EV’s , I would want to make sure I could run those factories at full output. This means security of battery supply.

Keen to hear thoughts.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.26
Change
0.030(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $9.811B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.26 $3.31 $3.20 $93.80M 28.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 36000 $3.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.27 487563 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.