PLS 0.34% $2.99 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-10099

1. 176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    Quamera re the GWM purchase, The five year warranty provided some degree of certainty going forwards but the thing that got me over the line was Sandy Munro's take on the Chinese manufacturers. Do a search on youtube for him. He holds grave fears for the North American auto manufacturing industry based on what the Chinese are now achieving. At the last service, the drivers head rest & steering column were replaced to maintain the 5 star ANCAP rating.

Re using it off road I've done a bit and had it bogged down to the towbar level when I broke through a vegetative crust of plants in the Otago highlands. I discovered the little bottle jack was next to useless at helping hoick it out in a swamp, but with the assistance of slabs of schist rock perseverance and blisters developing on my hands I did manage to extract my self. Getting bogged was really nothing to do with the ute it was more where I put it. I've been pleasantly surprised at what it can handle. Going forwards I'm needing a decent jack and a couple more cleats that I can strap on to the wheels.

So what does this have to do with PLS? Well the Chinese have the processing capacity for lithium, they have longer term supply contracts in place, the quality is appearing to be ok so expect them to want to consume as much lithium as they can get their hands on in the future. They will happily fill the vacuum left by the big OEM's who have been sitting on their hands so far regarding lithium.
    As a long term investor I do not understand the current shorting especially when the prices are going through the roof. There's going to be a squeeze at some point when reality hits. The company is going to be a bit easier to value in the near future with a greater level of certainty... Oh and it has a couple of Billion in the bank account to add to the projected cash flows.

Lastly do not be surprised to see a lot more, full EV Chinese wheels on the road in the future.
    All the best to the long term holders, the future is looking very promising.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.99
Change
0.010(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $9.000B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.93 $3.01 $2.89 $104.7M 35.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11874 $2.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.99 65336 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.