PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

Been bored this morning so decided to chuck all the broker...

1. 852 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    Been bored this morning so decided to chuck all the broker targets (I have 4 - Macquarie, Citi, Credit Suisse and Ord Minnett) into a chart and plot against PLS closing price performance since January 2020. Ugly ass chart - because as you can expect a lot of data points and wanted the broker forecasts to stand out vs the PLS price (as we all know the general trend of the PLS SP).

An interesting point I'd like to highlight, is that up until the start of this FY most analysts expectations were (for the most part) below the corresponding current SP at the time. Whereas the start of this FY - this seems to have flipped and most analyst expectations have been above the corresponding current SP. No other analyst shows this so clearly as Ord Minnett (yellow dots below). Take from that what you will.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4386/4386249-b0ba5f1856c8d9ad2e2704e084c986a2.jpg

Based on latest SP performance vs latest analyst targets I expect one of the following to occur:
    1) Analysts have overstated PLS SP and the PLS SP is going to remain stagnant/go lower. This will result in analyst revisions downwards - because as the chart suggests, they will continue to follow SP action (as they have so consistently done in the past).
    2) If you imagine a trend line (note: I didn't add it in the above as the chart's already messy) - and the SP continues to go higher, then analyst targets will also continue to go higher. As pointed out previously brokers seem to have been more bullish on the SP this financial year, so perhaps their targets will continue to outperform the corresponding PLS SP.

Be interesting to see what their targets are at the start of next financial year - as I'm guessing that will highlight whether they are bullish/bearish for that FY.

A final point/warning I'd like to highlight is obviously analysts are not a good judge of future SP performance. Or else in early to mid 2020 - they would all have had a SP target on PLS of $2+, instead most were $.20 or below. Therefore is the fact that analysts seem to be more bullish at the moment on PLS SP a good thing? Only time will tell.

I know I have my personal price targets on where I am willing to sell this at, urge everyone else to do the same due diligence.

Full disclosure: I respect the opinion of an analyst as much as I would any other person trying to sell me something - not at all.

AIMO DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.