PLS 2.93% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-1230

1. 4,980 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3104
    Great post mate,

Average mine in the States 5-7 years for permitting with all going well, which it never does, I think the EU has similar processes but seem a little keener to get the apple cart rolling.

I guess the thing that most should be focusing on is the already evident lack of supply.

Early Benchmark Minerals commentary several years ago warned of an at least $US16 billion dollar investment deficit in upstream investment, I would hate to see what this figure is now!

Regardless, those early proposed figures were based and figures and projections at the time, from memory their were around 38 gigafactorys in the pipe at that stage.

In the curtailing two years we now have 218 gigafactorys in the pipe with an average cost of around US$500-1billion, some up to 2-3 billion, around 40% of these are existing plants going through major refurbishment to upgrade to EV grade, thus the varying capital expenditure.

The interesting thing to note is that bugger all of them have locked in any supply, I understand that many will not be fully operational until 2028 of later. Why then would soo many companies invest soo much money in a sector already under the pump for supply.

I for one can not work this out. Looks like the perfect storm unless I’ve missed something really big, perhaps it was the seawater story, I LMFAO over that one.

Best wishes to all Lithium investors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
-0.090(2.93%)
Mkt cap ! $8.971B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.09 $3.10 $2.97 $68.45M 22.73M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 197605 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.99 58182 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.