PLS 0.61% $3.29 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-12321

1. 1,999 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454
    Thanks dfs1, a good read and the momentum is gathering for the transition to renewable energy storage. It was clear that the energy storage was the cheaper option.

It was mentioned in the article about reduction in coal fire electricity generation and I was reminded of the Adani Coal project in the Carmichael Basin getting the go ahead in recent times. (I wonder how much lobbying and back scratching occurred to get their project approved?)

As many will know the Adani Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate who got the go ahead in spite of huge opposition. I presume then that the coal is to be exported largely to India who have many coal fired power stations.

Yesterday I caught a snippet of news where someone was speaking in support of coal mining because it provides jobs and it is indeed a fair comment that the workers are concerned about their future employment.

If you ask a coal miner which he cares about most: either having a job to provide for his family or reducing pollution for the future of his children and grandchildren then it is pretty obvious that the 'here and now' is pretty compelling.

It costs a coal miner much more that myself, sitting in my armchair waxing on about climate change. In a perfect world we would all commit equally in the effort to tackle climate change, but the reality is quite different. Unfortunately for the coal miner we have just the one planet.

Beware of armchair experts.

Back to PLS - I am pleased that the company has a strong commitment to reducing the carbon footprint- but it is going to be hard to reduce the diesel usage. Cannot see the heavy machinery and trucks using less any time soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.29
Change
0.020(0.61%)
Mkt cap ! $9.907B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.20 $3.31 $3.20 $53.42M 16.32M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10017 $3.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.30 142518 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.