PLS 3.17% $3.05 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-16613

1. 3,135 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1624
    Interesting thought maybe … there’s notes that AVZ have said the below:

We are also looking at electric mining equipment, electric haul trucks – electric everything. The only part that can’t be electrified is the heat for the calcining process for the primary lithium sulfate (PLS).”

Well … I wonder if AVZ have met PLS+CALIX in terms of that part that “can’t be electrified”? I wonder if, assuming the CALIX process proves out, AVZ and many other spod producers might want to licence that technology from PLS/CALIX JV? Perhaps to meet CO2/ESG needs of their customers?

See since thinking about what the CALIX technology could achieve, I don’t view AVZ, CXO, LTR etc etc as competitors of PLS - no, I think of them as future licencees or customers of PLS (with CALIX) technology. If that all works out as it seems to me it may (assumptions abound I know), then PLS could have a finger in the pie of ALL spod miners so when they develop say 10MT operations, I just see those as users of PLS licenced technology in the future (assuming those other players don’t bite the bullet too early and build old tech gas fired burners for lithium sulfate etc product and make it too hard to reverse or retrofit CALIX tech in their plants.
    Last edited by Acgm: 12/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.