PLS 4.85% $3.14 pilbara minerals limited

Hi ladies and gentlemen- please can you help me outBelow is...

1. 1,324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 903
    Hi ladies and gentlemen- please can you help me out

Below is snapshot of excel calc.

I am on the EC for a 10 year old apartment block of 60 apartments, and a question continually pops up - how does a resident charge their EV.

Our current meter board can support half a dozen EVs plugged in a 10 amp socket during the night - not much more- or maybe we can allow a couple high speed chargers.

We don't have a quote but the general feeling is that to increase the incoming power cable and upgrading the board would cost a fortune - several hundreds of thousands. So what do we do? Allowing the first half a dozen people to set up free now would be unfair for those that switch to EV later. But it is also unfair to block these initial people.

So I investigated solar - and the sheet below shows my simplistic calcs - it only includes the major items - batteries and panels ('cause that's the business we are in) - it ignores installation costs. management, insurance, depreciation and other little details.

Obviously I needed to make assumptions. To make the calcs realistic they are based on a Tesla 3, average travel per year of 15000km (41 per day), cost of petrol $1.90 per litre, standard ICE car burning 8 litres/100km on city cycle for comparison of cost savings if going EV, for storing energy for 1 day travel (ie collect solar during the day, recharge during the night). The calcs are for one EV car per 20% of residents, which is 12 EVs (Teslas). I have given references of prices where possible. Obviously not all cars need to be recharged every night, and some need more recharge than others. Hopefully this sheet gives a starting point.

The conclusion - at current prices (the ones I found) the ROI is 17%. Not bad. There can be improvements by fine tuning - maybe you have some ideas - eg the excess energy when available can be used for lighting the common areas and running the lifts, and maybe somebody produces smart meters that can schedule charging for cars so that they do not conflict with each other, and also give priority to cars with a low charge or who expect to do a long trip the next day.

So what I see is that it is practical RIGHT NOW. Also, remember the calc I did for crossing the nullarbor?

What do you think?

Cheers

The stars seem to be lining up. in or favour Just today the govt announced 7 new big batteries. Surely more to come, not just in Australia.

I remember reading 10 years or so ago that India was very lucky in that the people were too poor to have a comprehensive network of landlines for their phones - they skipped straight to mobiles and saved billions/trillions dollars. Right now India has less than 70 (ICE) cars per 1000 people ( we have over 750). I think they will also be lucky and bypass purchasing 800m or more ICE vehicles - they could go direct to EV and bypass all those service stations, petrol tankers etc. that's probably why the oil/gas companies are screwing us around. Not only don't those ba..ds pay taxes - read this book to see what else they get up to. kochland

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4918/4918999-064b35b7eb922a410a6b454554811d08.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.14
Change
0.145(4.85%)
Mkt cap ! $9.365B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.10 $3.20 $3.05 $63.58M 20.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 223336 $3.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.14 134486 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.54pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.