PLS 0.93% $3.26 pilbara minerals limited

There are share buybacks and there are share buybacks. As I have...

1. 406 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    There are share buybacks and there are share buybacks. As I have said before on this forum they can be a powerful weapon when your share price is being relentlessly pressured as it is now. I recall clearly many years ago, when I held FMG, that the same tactics were decimating the FMG share price when the fundamentals were, as they are here, very good. So FMG announced a $500million flexible, professionally managed share buy back. Clearly it was intended to disrupt the activities of those suppressing the share price and from my observation the money was used sparingly, as needed and successfully.
    Apart from being successful it gave shareholders in FMG some respite. And like here it was needed. The share price stabilised and nowhere near $500m was put to use. FMG left this facility in place in subsequent years in dicating that they too were pleased with their strategy.
    More than happy to leave it to the company to decide on these matters but if it was announced I wouldn't mind at all and I think many here would in time come to look more favorably on the practice.
    All in my opinion.
    Cheers Merry Xmas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.26
Change
0.030(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $9.811B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.26 $3.31 $3.20 $93.80M 28.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 36000 $3.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.27 487563 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.