PLS 2.81% $3.11 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-229

1. 8,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4435
    Why does it affect OZ spod?

As already stated, spod can be converted to carb or Hydroxide, and both chems can be used in LFP. Have you noticed carb prices at a premium to hydroxide, because carb is in deficit, and as a result, buyers have switched to cheaper hydroxide, which is now in high demand, putting upward pressure on hydroxide prices, quickly closing said price gap.

Once again, carb or hydroxide does not affect the miners, but it does affect the converters, cathode and cell makers. I'm not sure what narrative you are trying to push, and the big picture clearly shows world is heading for a structural deficit this year (both carb and hydroxide), so consensus is that midstream will take all they can get, spod, brine, etc, etc.

I'm sorry for your loss at AJM, and look forward to the day when you have sucked it up and moved on. All decent and half decent projects will be required at some point through this decade in order fuel the EV & ESS transition. The alternative, lithium raw material supply morphs into a major bottleneck for the supply chain, slowing the transition, in turn reducing the need for new projects, which only strengthens existing producers grip on the market.

Revisit what happened between 2016 & 19, EV and ESS forecasts were overly optimistic, thus market moved into a surplus. In 2017/18 there were 200 odd hopeful lithium projects, of which only 6 were financed, 5 came on line and 3 failed. Do your really want a repeat of that environment, given your new shinny thing is still in the early stages of development.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.11
Change
-0.090(2.81%)
Mkt cap ! $9.360B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.15 $3.17 $3.06 $206.5M 66.15M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 212414 $3.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.12 1870994 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.