PLS 2.96% $4.18 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-267

1. 6,458 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3676
    Farming is modernising continually. What we thought was a no brainer with diesel, we will shake our heads at in years to come.

It's no secret from my previous posts, I work in the electrical transmission/ distribution industry. Just recently a farmer offered a solution to a pumping issue. Instead of replacing conductors/ poles to a remote pump, why doesn't the distributor buy a solar pump instead of the ongoing repair of the network to this remote location. Energy distributor took up the offer. Installed solar pump and handed ownership over to farmer. Win Win. No more network maintenance costs and farmer has reduced energy costs. Great for agricultural carbon footprint and eventual demise of fossil fuels. Great for reducing farmers costs. Fact is, cost benefits are now the compelling argument. Diesel will become a cost burden and for that one reason alone it will be become history.

Stand alone power systems are also happening now. Yes they have a backup generator, just in case of multiple consecutive low solar days or solar fault. What I have seen so far is the generator hasn't been used, to date. Just for test runs. It's happening now and eventually we won't see remote location properties connected to the grid.

Yes I'm back on the ESS soap box and off on a tangent away from the topic of Diesel use. Can't help myself.

https://www.aemc.gov.au/news-centre/media-releases/new-cheaper-options-power-remote-communities

Farming, well here is what John Deere think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.18
Change
0.120(2.96%)
Mkt cap ! $12.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.13 $4.20 $4.11 $86.61M 20.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1408666 $4.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.19 165878 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.18
  Change
0.120 ( 3.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.12 $4.20 $4.12 4580071
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.