PLS 5.23% $2.90 pilbara minerals limited

"True mate, but what happens if PLS go to P2000!!." I have been...

1. 1,409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 293
    "True mate, but what happens if PLS go to P2000!!."

I have been a PLS holder since 2014 and will continue to be for at least the next few years.

However ....and this is only a 'perhaps' thought ..... Lithium is certainly the here and now and certainly shall be for the near forseeable by necessity for EV and other battery needs (200+ mega-factories churning out make that obvious).
    BUT ... and I say again IMO but, there is much research for better ways out there, sodium battery tech for example (look at Toyota with their Sodium Battery tech - planned 200,000 vehicles by 2025, 800,000 by 2030). What I am saying is that I agree that a 20 year PLS Li mine life cycle is fantastic and compelling, but to increase investment in this same Li technology as it exists today to double that mine life/capacity would be to believe that nothing will change/advance - which of course is a nonsense. I can imagine that in 10 years time EVs with huge quantities of Li batteries in the floor pan will look dated - tech advances so quickly.

I love this PLS Li story - it has made me very comfortable to say the least, but to expand into digging up more Lithium instead of diversifying would IMO be short-sighted. And short-sightedness has never been a failing of PLS management.

GLTAH
    Last edited by pluckmeister: 13/05/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.