PLS 0.34% $2.99 pilbara minerals limited

Good News & Bad News, page-29794

1. 8,983 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4436

Pure but reasonable speculation on my part.

Shorter's have destroyed some of the wannabes over the past months, i.e. SYA, LKE and there is no value for them there now.

The AKE and LTHM merger has seen shorts head to the exit.

LTR was up yesterday because of the M&A activity in their back yard, see DLI and other developers in the region. Also, due to the ALB TO offer on LTR, shorts have exited LTR too.

Therefore, IMO, shorts needed a new home, and given spod spot prices have come off about 30% from their highs,
    its highly likely that PLS will see a fall in their financial metrics in this quarter, relative to March and the Dec quarter, thus a sitting duck for a coordinated short attack, that's how the maggots roll.

Though I do note, the shorting here over the past month or so has been quite gentle, it seemed to be a more of an accumulation/re-accumulation strategy, but you never know. However, since the end of March, PLS moved up 46% (344 to 503), then smacked back down to 427 (re-accumulation) then touched 492 early this week. As of yesterdays close, for the June quarter so far, PLS is up 35% in less than 3 months, most funds would be happy with those returns over a 4 year period.

And as you mention, EOFY may see those who have bought over the past week, add to the selling pressure and lock in a small tax loss.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.99
Change
0.010(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $9.000B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.93 $3.01 $2.89 $104.7M 35.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11874 $2.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.99 65336 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.