PLS 5.83% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

"EV adoption in China will not make any difference to their...

1. 70 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    "EV adoption in China will not make any difference to their polution.
    By far the biggest source of carbon emissions in China are from the power sector.
    Increasing the manufacture and use of EVs in China will only increase the emissions from that source."

Yes, coal accounts for the largest CO2 emissions for China, but getting more fossil fuel cars off the roads reduces the emissions in heavily populated areas. Even EVs charged with coal fired power generation emit less CO2 than their hydrocarbon equivalents.

There is plenty of information out there to support this. One US report I read suggested between 5 and 29% less. The Chinese are currently heavily subsidising new EV car sales, and EVs are permitted in city areas ever day of the week and not restricted to certain days as are ICE vehicles.

It is expected by 2030 that 40% of all new car sales in China will be EVs, so I don't think the Chinese are embarking on some random haphazard experiment here but are making serious inroads into their pollution and emission problems. This has got to be advantageous for the critical minerals supply industries such as PLS.

Everyone no doubt would prefer China and many other big C02 emitters to move more towards renewable power generation. I am confident that will occur in the course of time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
-0.190(5.83%)
Mkt cap ! $9.239B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.19 $3.20 $3.07 $96.53M 30.85M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 815921 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.08 309816 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.