PLS 1.01% $3.00 pilbara minerals limited

@Narly Yes - right now ev's are more expensive than...

1. 1,051 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 798
    @Narly

Yes - right now ev's are more expensive than ice's.

However ...

BMWs are more expensive than Toyotas. They still sell.

Everybody I know who has an ev loves it - it drives better and mostly avoids the inconvenience of refuelling one or twice a week.

I have a 2l car with turbo - the 1 second turbo lag when accelerate from a low speed is very annoying.

On the finance side you can use the ev to augment your battery system in a solar house for nighttime electricity.

I live in an apartment block - so I cant have an EV until the govt has a plan on how to upgrade the electricity supply into the building.

But meanwhile I attempted to do a calc for placing a small 'solar farm" on our roof, plus batteries - please if some expert can do the calc for say 10, 20 or 30 evs that require full charging, say, just once a week. What would be the capital cost, can it be done in stages as ev ownership in the building increases, can the batteries also feed the building's common areas (the common area for oir 60 apartments uses over $30k electricity per year - I think we have to pay the commercial, not domestic, rate at about 60c per kWh.)
    Also we have half a dozen gas instant heaters for our hot water. Maybe they too can be replaced by electric heatpumps driven by solar, then batteries and lastly by the grid. Would all that make sense?

Experts, where are you???

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.00
Change
0.030(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $9.029B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.96 $3.07 $2.93 $75.87M 25.21M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 239340 $3.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.01 16185 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.